Monin Gourmet Flavorings FAQ
Q: What are your most popular flavors?A: We created a list of 5 Essential flavors. Please refer to the Products Home page on www.monin.com for the Top 5 Flavors.
Q: Where can I find recipes for Monin products?A: Delicious and easy recipes are included on each Monin bottle. For additional recipes, we have a library of more than 700 on moninstore.com. Just select the ‘Recipes’ tab to begin your search.
Smartphone users can download our FREE smartphone app with an exclusive selection of 300 alcoholic and non alcoholic recipes from around the world. Simply search the words “Monin Ultimate” while in Apple’s App Store or Android Marketplace.
Q: Do Monin products contain gluten?A: No, Monin products are gluten free.
Q: Do Monin products contain any dairy ingredients?A: Monin Syrups (including Premium, Organic and Sugar Free Syrups), Sweeteners, Fruit Purées, Beverage Concentrates and Fruit Smoothie Mixes do not contain dairy ingredients. Monin Gourmet Sauces do contain dairy ingredients.
Q: What is the sugar in Monin products?A:
- All Monin Syrups and Tea Concentrates - pure cane sugar
- Monin Organic Syrups - organic evaporated cane juice
- Monin Sauces - granulated sugar
- Monin Fruit Purées - granulated sugar
- Monin Agave Nectar and Monin Organic Agave Nectar - organic agave nectar
- Monin Fruit Smoothie Mixes - granulated sugar
- Monin Honey Sweetener - pure honey
We do not use high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in any of our products
Q: How are Monin Sugar Free products sweetened?A: - Monin Sugar Free Syrups are sweetened with sucralose and erythritol, (an all-natural sugar substitute derived from plant sources). This combination of sweeteners provides clean, true flavor without the typical metallic aftertaste typical of other sugar free products.
- Monin Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Sauce is sweetened with maltitol and sucralose
- Monin True Brewed Espresso contains no sugar or sweeteners.
Q: Do any Monin products contain caffeine?A: Monin Espresso Syrup and Monin True Brewed Espresso Concentrate contain extracts of coffee beans so they contain some caffeine, 2.1 mg/1 fl. oz. and 25 mg/1 fl. oz., respectively. The amount is generally lower than in a regular cup of coffee or espresso.
Monin Sugarcane Cola flavoring contains less than 1 mg/1 fl. oz. serving. This minimal amount of caffeine is due to the kola nut extract it contains.
The rest of Monin products do not contain caffeine.
Q: Do any Monin products contain nut allergens (tree nuts)?A: Yes, some Monin products contain tree nut allergens: Banana Nut Bread, Hazelnut, Sugar Free Hazelnut, Organic Hazelnut, Macadamia Nut and Toffee Nut Syrups. Monin product back labels display allergen information if applicable. Allergens are handled following strict FDA guidelines and internal HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points) program. Contact us for any additional allergen-related questions.
Q: Do any Monin products contain peanut allergens?A: Yes, some Monin products contain peanut allergens: Monin Peanut Butter, Macadamia Nut and Toffee Nut Syrups. Monin product back labels contain allergen information if applicable. Allergens are handled following strict FDA guidelines and internal HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points) program. Contact us for any additional allergen-related questions.
Q: Do any Monin products contain HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)?A: No, Monin products do not contain HFCS. See “What is the sugar in Monin products” question.
Q: Are Monin products Kosher?A: Except Monin Fruit Smoothie Mixes, all remaining MONIN products are Kosher.
Q: Are Monin products Halal?A: The majority of Monin products are Halal in accordance with the rules set forth by Ifanca (Halal-food certification organization). Please contact us for a complete listing.
Q: Are Monin products Vegan?A: - All Monin Syrups (including Premium, Sugar Free and Organic Syrups), Beverage Concentrates and Fruit Purées are vegan.
- Three out of four Monin Sweeteners are vegan: Monin Pure Cane Syrup, Monin Agave Nectar and Monin Sugar Free Sweetener.
- Monin Honey Sweetener is made with pure honey (produced by bees) so it is not vegan.
- Monin Sauces are not Vegan.
- Monin Fruit Smoothie Mixes are not Vegan.
Shelf Life and Storage
Q: Where is the expiration date located on the Monin product bottle?A: The expiration date is printed on the neck of the Monin product bottle (e.g. “EXP 07/12”) for all Monin products except 50 ml sample bottles and 12 oz. Sauces. The 50 ml sample bottles display the expiration date on the label. 12 oz. Monin Sauces display the expiration date on the cap.
Q: What is the unopened shelf life of Monin products?A: See neck of bottle for expiration date
Q: What is the shelf life of opened Monin products?A: Shelf life after opening varies depending on storing conditions and whether a pump is used (see below). Store Monin products at normal room temperature - between 65-80⁰F/ 18-27⁰C. Avoid high humidity, direct heat and sunlight as much as possible. If using pumps, cover pumps with foil overnight in order to prevent any possible mold entering through pump opening.
- When stored in a dry, clean location at a temperature of 65-80°F, the shelf life after opening and with the cap on will be 90-180 days.
- When stored in a dry, clean location at a temperature of 65-80°F, the shelf life when using a pump or pour spout will be 30-60 days. Product and pump must not be exposed to any moisture (Monin does not recommend the washing of pumps because it will introduce moisture to the product causing spoilage).
Q: Do Monin products need to be refrigerated?A: Almost all of MONIN products do not require refrigeration. Refrigeration is recommended for Monin Desert Pear® Syrup in order to preserve its bright color; Monin Fruit Smoothie Mixes must be refrigerated after opening.
Q: What is the recommended storage temperature for Monin products?A: Store at room temperature, between 65-80⁰F / 18-27⁰C.
Q: How much is a pump of syrup?A: Monin offers specially designed and calibrated pumps for 750 ml Syrups, for 1 Liter Syrups, for 1 Liter Fruit Purées, and for 64 oz. Gourmet Sauces. Our Syrup pumps dispense ¼ fl. oz., while our Fruit Purée pumps and our Sauce pumps dispense ½ fl. oz.
To view our pumps and pourers, please visit the Accessories Page on moninstore.com
Q: Do you offer racks, pumps, and other accessories for the display and use of Monin products?A: Yes. Racks, pumps, and more tools are viewable on our ACCESSORIES page and available at your Monin Distributor. To get in touch with a distributor in your area, Contact us at email@example.com
Q: The milk is curdling when I add Monin Lemon Syrup. Why?A: Just like mixing lemon juice with milk will cause curdling, mixing some naturally tart Monin Syrups with milk (especially hot milk) may not be recommended.
- If a flavor is really tart in nature (e.g. lemon, lime, orange, pomegranate) the corresponding syrup will usually not be recommended with dairy products
- Monin product pages contain dairy recommendations
- Use the Monin Recipe Search on www.moninstore.com to view recipes for specific Monin products.
For additional questions, feel free to contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-966-5225
Q: Why is there a ring/sediment on the inside of a Monin fruit syrup bottle?A: This may be caused by any naturally occurring fruit oils, pulp or pectin contained in the Monin fruit syrup. This should dissolve once shaken and is not a cause of concern. For any remaining questions, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or at 800-966-5225
Finding Monin Products
Q: As an at-home consumer, can I purchase direct from your facilities in Clearwater or over the phone?A: No, you cannot purchase directly from our production facilities in Clearwater, as they are not set up for retail. Individual bottle orders are handled through Monin Store (www.moninstore.com). We do not handle consumer ordering over the phone.
Q: Are Monin product bottles and packaging materials recyclable?A: Yes, all Monin product bottles and packaging materials are recyclable where facilities exist. In 2009, we phased out polystyrene (the white foam material commonly used in shipping boxes – which is usually not recycled) with an environmentally friendly packaging option made of recycled wood pulp.
- Monin products are packaged in recyclable bottles and packaging.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program in place at Monin Gourmet Flavorings, at the production plants, warehouse and offices.
- We recycle a wide variety of items including products discards, paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and more.
- We have implemented an innovative “Syrup to Bees” recycling program.
- Monin Syrup that can no longer be sold is sent a Florida beekeeper where it is used as bee feed.
- “Colony Collapse Disorder” has dramatically reduced the bee population in recent years
- Bee pollination directly influences every third bite of food that humans consume.